Keyes Completes new Mitsubishi City Multi Cooling and Heating System
KNA just wrapped up a new heating and cooling installation for the 10,000 square foot administration building for a private school in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This new variable-refrigerant-flow-system (VRFS) replaced an old single pipe steam system bringing the building from 1-zone of heating to 33-zones of cooling and heating.
- Engineering services for new system design.
- Demolition of existing steam boiler and distribution system.
- (3) Mitsubishi heat pump condensing unit plants totaling 36-tons.
- (33) individual fan coil units.
- Modulating fresh air system integrated with the new cooling and heating system.
- Central control system with interface to existing building management system (BMS).
- New 200-ampre and 100-ampre electrical feeders connecting to the buildings 1200-ampre service.
- Line and low voltage electrical wiring.
- Variable capacity system allowing for optimal performance during any weather condition with micro-zone control.
- Quiet indoor fan coil units provide individual conditioning in each of the offices, assembly hall, music room and entrance.
- Control integration allows for remote-access and control of all zones.
- A modulating fresh air system brought the building up to code and provides fresh air based on occupancy of the assembly hall.
- Heat pump units are remote with underground piping into the building concealing exterior equipment.
For more information please contact us or visit Mitsubishi’s website for additional case studies.